Wednesday, August 24, 2011

"Losing My Religion" Extra Credit

Today, in class, we will be watching the award-winning video for R.E.M.'s song, "Losing My Religion."  The song was released in 1991 and the video went on to win several awards.

The video contains many allusions to art.  Your job (if you choose to accept) is to find the allusions.  I will tell you now, that the easier allusions are to paintings.  If you find a painting that resembles one of the moments in the video, print it out and return it to me tomorrow.

Here's the important thing:  This needs to be turned into me by the BEGINNING of FIRST PERIOD in the study hall room, 124C.

You can download a sheet of images here to help you.





Here's a hint: "If it's not baroque, don't fix it."  Good luck!  And don't forget:  in order to get that extra credit, all sheets need to be in by the BEGINNING of FIRST PERIOD tomorrow (Thursday,  August 25) in the Study Hall room (124c).

No comments: